Saturday, September 14, 2013

TIME TO GET OUT OF THE BOAT


This week during a bible study we were studying about creation and how God created, and spoke all things into existence.  After God had created all things he created man and God said,
 “Genesis 1:27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28And God blessed them,
I began to wonder if and fact God had created ALL men and women in his image, why was there such a disparity in the way people live in Haiti, the poorest country in the world and the United States, with our many and great blessings.  I came to the conclusion that God uses men and women like us to be his hands and his feet to go to Haiti. 
We are to support the work that God is doing through organizations like Healing Haiti, and Feed My Starving Children FMSC already in Haiti.  I have realized that I am stepping “out of the boat” as Christ is calling us to “walk on the water,” as Peter was called to do.  I know that to swing his leg out of the pitching boat in the midst of a storm, to stand on the water, and to take that first step was the hardest part.  But Christ called Peter and he calls each of us in different ways to obedience of our Lord.

I am ready to take that step tomorrow night in faith and obedience to my Savior.  He is calling me to empty myself of all fears, preconceptions, and pride and to be filled with His Holy Spirit.  Please God help me to remove all obstacles that blur or obstruct your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment